JP2 Young Adults
Inspired by Saint John Paul II, we seek to be an intentional community that walks with each other on the journey towards Jesus Christ and to be a witness to those around us.
Growing in faith and community
JP2 Young Adults is a community of young adults (18-39ish) of the Jefferson City area, based out of the Cathedral of Saint Joseph.
We gather with a mission of building intentional relationships, we aim to grow closer to Christ, His Church, and each other through small groups and social events.
Small Group Ministry for Young Adults
The model of discipleship Christ gave us in his formation of the Apostles shows the importance of community and life-sharing for a thriving spiritual life. Through small groups, we seek to build our young adult community through friendship with each other and faith formation in a group setting.
2020 Fall Small Groups
Expand the accordion tabs below to see details about this fall's small group offerings.
- Women's Online Group
- Led by Marianne Cline
- Mondays at 6:30 PM via GoogleDuo
- Will Meet for 10 Weeks (Sept 14 - Nov 16)
- Studying the book: “A Heart on Fire: Rediscovering the Sacred Heart of Jesus” (available on Amazon, please let us know if you need help purchasing!)
- Women's Tuesday Group
- Led by Rose Knipp & Emily Winkelman
- Tuesdays Evenings from 6:00 - 7:30 PM (in the Mary Room at the Cathedral, we will get you easy directions to join us!)
- Will meet bi-weekly from Sept. 22 - Dec. 1
- We will participate in a Blessed is She study about the Holy Trinity
- Men's Group
- Led by Eric Winkelman & Ben Klebba
- Tuesday Evenings at 6:30 PM (at either Memorial Park or in the St. Joseph Room at the Cathedral, which is easy to find)
- Will meet for either 6 or 8 weeks, starting Sept 15
- Weekly study on Catholic podcasts selected by the group
**We are actively looking for a second married couple to lead an additional group. If you are interested, please email Ashley Wiskirchen at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact by call/text: 314-775-9645.
- Married Couple's Group
- Led by Kevyn and Ashley Wiskirchen
- Meeting in the Mary Room at the Cathedral (We'll provide easy directions!) with babysitting in the Joseph Room (across the hall)
- We will cater supper or do a pot-luck style meal for the family as covid-19 allows.
- We will meet weekly on Thursday nights from 5:30-7 or 6-7:30 (best fit for families who sign up) from Sept 15 - End of Nov.
- We will have a schedule of women, men and families meeting on different weeks to reduce the load on babysitting/interrupting family time - will make sure this model works for all!
- Content: examining the Apostle's Creed and how the Catholic Faith shapes our lives.
See group descriptions above, and register using the form below. If you have any questions or need assistance, contact Ashley Wiskirchen at email@example.com.