Vocations Committee Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, March 3 , 2020
- Opening Prayer
Louie Delk led the opening prayer.
- Roll Call
In attendance: Louie Delk, Ginny Bockwinkel, Mary Ann Young, Carol Hartman, Dena Brand, and John Poepsel.
- Approval of Minutes
The previous meeting minutes were approved.
IV. Report on Ongoing Activities
There was no wedding in the month of February.
Congratulatory letters were sent to two families who had their four children baptized during February.
C. Cards for Priests, Deacons, Consecrated Religious and/or Seminarians:
- Praying for You cards sent to priests, deacons, consecrated religious, and seminarians during each of the four weekends in February.
- Four birthday and anniversary cards also sent during February.
- Six cards were sent to sisters for the World Day of Consecrated Life.
- St. Patrick Day cards were sent to seminarians with an enclosed card informing them that Mass Intentions on March 25 would be for them.
Birthday cards in the amount of $16.16 were purchased during the month of
February; Prayer cards purchased during March in the amount of $92.12. Year-
To-Date expenditures are now $466.34
E . Christ the High Priest Icon:
There will be an announcement at the start of Mass and in the bulletin regarding
the Icon. Families are now signed up through June. During the last two fish
fries for Lent, committee members will seek additional signatures.
F Cards to be signed: Cards were signed that will be sent to the seminarians,
with gift cards enclosed, in lieu of the traditional Snacks for Seminarians as
they prepare for upcoming exams. The cards will also contain Mass Intention
cards notifying them of Mass intention offered for them at the 8:00 am School
Mass on April 22, 2020.
V. New Business:
- Upcoming Dates of Interest:
- The Diocesan Wide Vocation Meeting will be held at St. Martins at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 11.
- The Day of Prayer for Vocations with the Relic of St Jude the Apostle will be
held at the Cathedral of St Joseph on Saturday, May 14, 2020. This special day
features Veneration, Opening and Closing Masses, Reflection, Adoration, and
Confession. Vocation committee members will assist on this Day of Prayer.
- World Day of Prayer will be on Sunday, May 3, 2020. Vocation Committee members will pass out prayer cards for this special day.
- Committee members will help to provide a meal for the staff of CHRISTpower on Sunday, July 12.
B. Support Catholic Camps
The committee will support upcoming Catholic Camps by providing $100 scholarships
to students who have been approved by their counselors.
. VI. Next Meeting Date and Time:
Tuesday, April 7, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. in the Mary Room.
VII. Closing Prayer was lead by Louie Delk.
Respectfully Submitted, John Poepsel, Secretary